Sunday, December 11, 2011

The calling....

I just started reading this book Creative Awakenings by Sheri Gaynor.  

The first chapter already has been wanting more....and has me thinking.
Here is a poem from this first chapter "The Calling".

What is calling me today?   What is MY calling?    Am I listening to that calling?  
I can answer.....my children, my need to find balance, seeking serenity, peace within.
My art is calling....ideas, composition, layers, shapes....just letting the paint flow.


I will leave you with this poem....

What in your life is calling you?
When all the noise is silenced,
the meetings adjounred,
the list laid aside,
and the wild iris blooms by itself in
the dark forest,
what still pulls on your soul?

In the silence between your heartbeats
hids a summons.
Do you hear it?
Name it, if you must,
or leave it forever nameless,
but why pretend it is not there?
-Ther Terma Collective, "The Box: Remembering the Gift"

No comments:

Post a Comment